This policy is a living document and is subject to future updates. (Last updated in January 2022.)
Crownnote is a welcoming community where all music fans should feel welcome to share their musical preferences and engage with other community members. Crownnote is dedicated to providing a safe, inclusive, respectful environment for everyone, no matter their age, gender, race, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, nationality, or religion. If you are a fan of music who wants to share what you listen to, you belong here, no matter your background or identity.
All registered users are expected to follow Crownnote's code of conduct when posting content on the site. In order to ensure the safety and inclusiveness of our community, harassment and inconsiderate behavior will not be tolerated, and may result in the removal of access to account privileges on the site. Additionally, inappropriate content posted on or to Crownnote's social media platforms may be removed or blocked as necessary.
Crownnote users are:
- Welcoming: Crownnote users are the foundation of the site. It is important to welcome new members to the site so that they feel include and continue to be part of the community.
- Respectful: Discussions with other Crownnote users should be friendly and in good spirit, in order to help share music and advance the conversation around it.
- Considerate: Differing tastes in music should be seen as an opportunity to expand our personal music palate, not an opening to insult someone else's preferences. Music is a universal language.
Though not an exhaustive list, examples of harassment that are inappropriate on Crownnote include:
- Unwelcome comments disparaging someone else's gender expression or identity (including deliberate misgendering), age, race, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, nationality, or religion
- Attacking or otherwise inappropriate language toward another user based on their musical taste
- Harassment, intimidation, or otherwise unwelcome advances, including stalking and inappropriate sexual attention
- Sharing sexual or inappropriate images (excluding official artwork on album and song pages, within reason)
- Deliberately sharing, or "outing," any aspect of another user's identity without their consent
- Trolling, brigading, or other disruption to others' use of the site
To report violations of the code of conduct, please use the contact form, or reach out to Crownnote on social media or by email. Please also feel free to report potential violations that you encounter against other people.
Thank you for helping to ensure Crownnote remains a diverse, inclusive community for music fans everywhere.